Office Furniture Careers in Our Regional Locations
If you’re passionate about helping to create dynamic work environments, then you’re likely an excellent fit for the CWC Office Furnishings team. With a career at CWC, you’ll be part of an industry-leading office furniture dealership that has been providing the finest workplace solutions to area businesses since 1929.
In addition to enjoying excellent stability and working with renowned brands such as MillerKnoll, members of the CWC team receive competitive health and dental benefits and a generous amount of paid time off, as well as enrollment in an employee investment program.
What’s more, as an employee-owner, you’ll have a vested interest in CWC’s success. This unique arrangement helps to explain why our team shows such unwavering dedication to doing the best job possible with every project we undertake. When the company succeeds, we all succeed.
Browse the listings shown below to see the office furniture career opportunities we currently have available in Atlanta, GA, and other areas.
INTERIOR DESIGN TEAM
LEVEL 3 DESIGNER / SENIOR DESIGNER
Overall Position Description:
A Senior Designer works independently on projects of any complexity. He/ she can provide guidance and mentor Level 1 and 2 Designers, as well as train other designers. A senior designer has extensive knowledge of systems furniture, preferably Herman Miller and Knoll, as well as other manufacturing lines. A senior designer also has a proficiency level with ancillary lines and is comfortable meeting independently with clients and is seen as a trusted advisor.
• Works with the Dealer Sales team to establish a client's design requirements and sets milestones for the design portion of the project
• Develops furniture block plans, space plans, finish palettes, furniture specifications, renderings, and installation drawings
• Performs field measures, product inventory, and on-site assessments to ensure project accuracy
• Ensures furniture space planning is code compliant
• Attends client meetings with or without sales to obtain planning information and to help cultivate relationships
• Manages changes and revisions as required
• Ensures quality and consistency for design projects by following CWC standards and formatting
• Helps to train new hire designers, and manage design software technology
• Navigates client interaction with ease, clearly articulates the plan to meet client needs, explains the rationale for decisions and outcomes
• Works independently, displays a high-performance work ethic, interested in self-improvement, mentors designers from Levels 1 and 2
• Presents ideas effectively, is confident in communicating design ideas and information, seen by the client and peers as a consultant
• Proactively identifies problems, offers creative solutions and alternatives, works independently to execute next steps, evaluates results
• Demonstrates excellent time management skills, flexibility, ability to accommodate schedule changes and last-minute requests
• Effectively and confidently handles competing priorities and urgent situations, able to make sound decisions in short timeframes and take appropriate action
• Works independently with clients/ A&D to translate needs into a floor plan, proficient in using planning guides, initiates creative ideas for alternate solutions, able to assist in drawing reviews for other designers
• Applies drawing and documentation standards to more complex projects applies electronic file naming conventions, updates project records
• Creates specifications for clients using AutoCAD, CAP, CET Designer, proficient in gathering information from vendors, proficiency of price books and creating blended product solutions, able to specify COM, able to assist in specification review for other designers
• Expert in the system and seating vocabulary, familiar with ancillary lines and fabric vendors, able to push the boundaries of standard product application
• Proficient in the design process, acts as a resource to other designers
• Participates in all dealer training programs
• Active participation in the Living Office Discovery process, applying Living Office learning and principles to projects
Education/ Experience/Skill Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree from accredited (4) year university, architectural, or interior design school
• 5+ years of industry experience required
• Working towards/ passed NCIDQ encouraged (but not required)
• Participation in professional organization encouraged (but not required)
• Proficient in AUTOCAD and preferably also in CET, CAP, Project Spec
• Proficient at multi-tasking and having an organized manner, including having prompt response time to internal, external clients
Interested applicants send resumes via email to: Mimi Amatruda at email@example.com
The Driver/Furniture Installer will load, unload and install office furniture products. Driver will transport products from CWC’s warehouse for delivery and installation at our customer sites. Must follow all safety procedures and take all precautions to prevent product damage.
- Safely operate a 26ft. box truck following all safety rules and driving laws.
- Adhere to daily route determined by Operations Route Scheduler & Supervisor.
- Load, unload, and install office furniture as desks, files, chairs, and other items at client locations.
- Measure, install, and repair products at customer sites.
- Maintain original paperwork on each delivery/job and submit this daily.
- Learn and understand the correct application and use of the products you are handling.
- Contact Supervisor immediately if involved in an accident.
- High School Diploma or GED; one to three months related experience and/or training.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must pass or have DOT license.
- Has acceptable driving record (motor vehicle record).
- Ability to drive CWC trucks and vans using Company safety program.
- Ability to lift and move furniture, boxes, and equipment - 50+ lbs.
- Must have the following tools:
- 12V Battery Powered Drill with a backup battery
- Phillips, star and square drill bits
- ¼ “& 3/8 “adaptor for sockets in drill
- Allen Wrench set
- Slotted and Phillips Screwdriver Sets – (at least 3 of each type)
- Pliers – regular, needle nose and vice grip
- Pry Bar
- Torpedo Level – 9”
- Measuring Tape – 25’
- Hammer – 16 oz.
- Mallet – 36 oz. minimum – non marking
- Duplex Tester
- Retractable utility knife
Interested applicants send resume via email to: Mimi Amatruda at firstname.lastname@example.org
Let's Start a Conversation!
Send us your resume and let's get to know one another.