The Installation Supervisor manages on-site installations to ensure timely completion, high quality of service and cost effective management of CWC labor and installation resources. This includes overseeing personnel, technical, customer and administrative responsibilities for each supervised project.
- Plans, organizes and effectively directs a crew of installers on any size project.
- Ability to supervise complex installation projects (100 plus workstations, complex reconfigurations, etc.).
- Is highly proficient with tools and equipment in order to provide high quality finished installations.
- Has excellent installation technical abilities and provides training to team as needed.
- Understands and interprets entire scope of work including order preparation, order management, delivery, installation, and punch.
- Must be able to read construction and furniture drawings and blueprints.
- Develops expertise on Herman Miller product line and core lines sold by CWC.
- Specifies product and understands their application and use.
- Has excellent material and logistic skills and practices efficient material handling.
- Oversees project completion through final close-out.
- Maintains detailed records, including time sheets, receiving documentation, change orders, product returns, etc.
- Communicates project status, problems, and punch-list to all relevant personnel.
- Provides strong leadership and has the respect of team members.
Experience, Education and Skills Required:
- Extensive furniture installation experience, including lead and supervisor responsibilities on large and complex projects.
- In-depth furniture product knowledge, including product application, assembly, specification, repair, maintenance, inspection, and custom applications.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
- At least one year supervising a team of furniture installers.
- Must have a sense of urgency for timelines, quality, and punctuality.
- Responsible for adhering to all CWC policies and procedures, including safety and attendance.
- Professional in appearance and in social interaction with others.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.